Good Bye




Time really flies fast, it has been two years already since I first touched Australian ground. Tomorrow, this journey of mine will be ended, in the land of Kangaroo at 3.40 PM (Sydney Time). It feels as if only yesterday I had come to this land. So many things I have learned, so many experience I have undergone, so many obstacles I have endured, so many souls I have learned to know, and indeed I always believe that there are still many things I need to learn. Indeed this life is but a short journey, what more is to expect from the two years here.

I remembered the time when I came to Australia and stayed at Macquarie University Village, not only after two weeks of my arrival that ‘Awe’ contacted me. Since then I started to know all other ‘ikhwahs’, when visiting their home (of which I’m staying now), I began to know even more people. And then, it starts to grow, and grow to interstate level and then national, and then international. It may sound exaggerated but that is the truth. Rasulullah had once said that the good souls will tend to be with the ones like them, what I am trying to convey here is, once you are committed to tarbiyyah, you will find that you’re not the only one in your place doing it, wherever you would find them, they are your brothers.

Willingness to undergo the tarbiyyah process actually signifies our readiness to uphold Islam and what it requires of you. I don’t really know what others think about it, but those who say bad things about tarbiyyah are being biased as they are only being spectators and watching. I have lived among the people who wanted what is best for their ummah and for themselves, seen their struggle to fight the unnecessary in their life so they could clear their path to serve Allah, and so many things. Therefore I know what is of truth and what is of lies.

To some, friendship and brotherhood would be good if they could serve your needs, and only at good time. But the real friendship and brotherhood is actually how you survive the hardship and could still smile and cherish the bonds you have. To some, life is about enjoying the moment and carpe diem, but all these perspectives of life only last for a while if we do not live it the way Allah wants us to. To some, working in an organization means rewards, fame, popularity, and status, but working for Allah (if one understands) does not provide those worldly returns, but He assures us permanent rewards that could be very useful in hereafter, famous and popularity among the angels and His creation not only on earth but also in the heaven, and of course status that will ensure us place in His sight, blessing, and jannah. To some, it is important how their friends perceive them, therefore they would not want to leave the up-and-going lifestyle even they have understood the urgent need for tarbiyyah, but losing the brotherhood and those who could help us during the hardship day is worse than all those perception.

Maybe, if we want to learn how to sacrifice, we have to live among these people. They work very hard and sacrifice everything they have for the ummah who are sleeping next to a burning fire, waiting to destroy them. Indeed, this ummah is sleeping still, very sound in the blanket of their enemy that kept lying to them about the truth, and as time passes by the fire become closer and closer to them as what they believe in the enemy would bring them to the hellfire. And this small group of people are trying to save them from that fact, from that burning, the same like what Rasulullah had done during his lifetime. I have seen them return from work and did not go straight back home but spend some times for the ummah, so they would know what Islam is. I have seen them taking out money as if they have so much, to see this deen grows. I have seen many things, despite what the others would say, because they are only spectators.

But now, this field is no more mine, I will have to leave it as another field awaits me in near future. Till then, I would like to express my gratitude to all my brothers who have coached, facilitated, trained, and guided me, may Allah bless you all and reward you for your deeds, to those who have been my companions in sunny and rainy days, moments of happiness or the times when I need to lean on someone, jazakumUllahu khayran katsiira.

0 comments:

Subscribe via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Something About the Blog

we write from our hearts so we may reach yours, as we endure the life full of challenges, and we choose the Quran and Sunnah as our guidance to live the life

Keep Updated!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets

NetworkedBlog